My Blog List

Friday, May 21, 2010

5/20 training

I have a busy life and I squeeze training in whenever I can. Yesterday I had one bell in my truck (20kg) so while the oil was getting changed I carted my bell and my 5 yr old 10 blocks to the city park and did a 40 min circuit and then carted everyone back to the truck.

It was a little easier to focus today even though I wasn't in my regular routine.

40 min circuit w/ 20kg bell and bw movements, 4 rounds

( I really have to watch these circuits and be intune w/ the feedback I get) I have only been doing sessions like this for 2 weeks. I really want to practice higher rep work since I prefer low rep heavy weight. For me it is easier to pick my top 3 movements, set the timer for 10 - 15 min and work. As long as they test ok I'll be doing them.


1 hand swings 40/40
1/2 burpee w/pushup 35 PR intensity, density
cleans 40/40
star jumps 40
1 hand jerks 20/20 PR intensity
sit outs (took from boys wrestling practice) not sure if this is what they are called
snatches 20/20
mt climbers (60)
squat press 17/19 PR intensity, movement

total volume of 11,088# plus bw movements. My first thought was low volume. shrug.

No comments:

Post a Comment